We suggest traveling through Hai Phong city, not Ha Long city. You will find numerous scams in Ha Long City, and it’s difficult to get to Cat Ba.
– Fast and reliable: Hoang Long Bus/Speed Boat/Bus Combination.
– Price: 170,000 – 250,000 VND (may fluctuate seasonally)
– Duration: 4.5 hours (Hanoi to Cat Ba Town)
– Departures from Hanoi:
- 5:20 AM, 7:20 AM, 11:20 AM , 1:20 PM on high season:may, june, july, august.
- 7:20 AM, 11:20 AM on low season
– Departures from Cat Ba:
- 7:15 AM, 9:15 AM, 1:15 PM, 3:15 PM on may.june,july,august,september
- 9:15 AM, 1:15 AM on low season
If you be in Ha Noi one day before going to Cat Ba island you can booking tickets with Hoang Long bus company at: 28 Tran Nhat Duat street in old quarter. Or straight to Luong Yen bus station to buy Hoang Long bus tickets.
From Noi Bai international Airport:
Take a taxi (ask them how much before) max: 300 000 VND (14 USD) to old quater, but always cheaper and better than some tour companies who send people come pick you up at the airport but could not go inside to pick you up because they must stand at the far (1 km), because they can not compete with some car it have been registered with airport.
From Ho Chi Minh city
Flying from Ho Chi Minh city (SGN) to Hai Phong (HPH) and then take taxi from Hai Phong Cat Bi airport to Bính pier:200 000 VND (10 USD), continue get hydrofoil to Cat Ba island. We high recommend for Vietnam Airlines because it safe for you and no cancellations trip.
Departures from Hai Phong to Cat ba island at Binh pier
- Hydrofoil depart at : 7h am, 9h am, 1h pm, 3h pm. It take 45 minute to Cat Ba town
Price from september to April is 180 000 vnd(8,5 usd each), from may to august is 220 000-250 000 VND each( 11 USD).